Oh, we're off to see the cartoonists,
The ones from Cartoonists Northwest!
At Emerald City ComicCon they'll be
Showing their skills at their best!
If ever, oh ever, a Con there was
Seattle's is tops because because
Because, because, because, because, because
Cartoonists Northwest is one of the draws!
That’s right! The 6th annual Emerald City ComicCon will be all the more magical this year, with the presence of many members of Cartoonists Northwest (CNW)! The Con happens on May 10-11, 2008, at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center. Look for the following CNW folks and friends to be showing off their wizardry:
- Scott Alan (Cahoots Creations), at Artist Alley booth E04.
- W. P. Morse (Rhapsodies), at Artist Alley booth A26.
- Keith Curtis (Cyclops Unlimited, which publishes the amazing comic series 'Crater On the Moon'), at Exhibitor booth 709 (booth will also feature the fantastic works of Donna Barr, and "many and sundry valuable trinkets" from the wildly funny cartoonist Dan McConnell!).
- John Lustig (Last Kiss Entertainment), at Exhibitor booth 805 (booth will also feature cartoonist and CNW member Kevin Boze, author of the acclaimed book 'The Virgin Project')
- Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum (Creators of the library comic strip Unshelved) They won't be there in person, but don't let that stop you from dropping by Exhibitor booth 305!
- Phil Foglio (Studio Foglio), Exhibitor booth 304
- Peter Bagge, Guest (Hate, Neat Stuff, Apocalypse Nerd, MAD magazine, etc.)
- Mike Grell, Guest (Superboy, Tarzan, Green Arrow, etc., and a member of the Cartoonists Northwest Hall of Fame!)
- Steve Gallacci (Albedo Anthropomorphics, and another stellar member of the Cartoonists Northwest Hall of Fame!)
- Paul Chadwick, Guest (Concrete, Seven Against Chaos)
- Ellen Forney, Guest (I Love Led Zeppelin, Monkey Food, Lust)
If that's not enough to convince you you're not in Kansas anymore, take time on Sunday, May 11, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., to attend a panel discussion on editorial cartoons called "STICKIN' IT TO THE MAN", presented by and featuring members of CNW. Editorial cartooning is a great way for cartoonists to let their voices be heard. Panelists including two-time Pulitzer Prize-winner David Horsey (Seattle Post-Intelligencer), Elizabeth Pankey, Andrew Wahl (http://offthewahl.com/) and Dan McConnell will discuss styles of the genre, zeroing in on your target, how to craft a visual metaphor, and why editorial cartooning is vital to a healthy society. Moderated by Keith Curtis (CNW President, and creator of Crater On the Moon comics). Location: Panel Room A.
For more information, go to http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/.